Sunday, January 9, 2011

The year of the....

I made only one resolution this year, and I have to say, I am quite chuffed at the ingenuity I had when I came up with this one resolution!

What is it? You may be asking yourself with great anticipation?

I, my dear friends have decided that 2011 is going to be the year of the letter.  I am going to sit down and actually write to those I love, those whom I care about, and those I want to share my life with.

I've purchased an address book, quite a beautiful little treasure in itself, I've sent out the call to fill it with the specs. of those forementioned people, and I am ready to go!



My pretty little address book

I have already spent time daydreaming of all the wonderfully creative tidbits and trinkets with which I intend to fill the parcels accompanying these letters I write, and I must say, a decent bit of time daydreaming about the tidbits and trinkets I may even receive in return...

I am perhaps the worlds most disasterous communicator.  I have shirked the responsibility of a mobile phone, (am I the only person on the planet who doesn't have one!?) And have a widespread reputation of vanishing off the communication radar for Months and Months on end, only to rear my head somewhere along the line with a few stories to tell and a disregard for the irritation and (occasional) worry that I may have caused people.

My dear darling Mother was once a button press away from contacting the local authorities in order to determine my whereabouts, while I, blissfully non-communicado was quite happily going about my daily business, and had the sudden thought ' gee it's February, and the last time I spoke to Mum was on Christmas day... '  true story.

So, tis my resolution that in 2011, I will become the best, and most loved communicator of them all, for not only will I communicate, but I will fill peoples otherwise bill-laden mailboxes with wonderful, colourful trinket and tidbit filled goodness! Oh joy!

So, come along for the journey of the year of the letter, lets see where it takes us

..xx

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Such a perfect idea. And I LOVE your address book! xo

    ReplyDelete